Thursday, January 19, 2012

Flashback: No Title Needed

Every time I get on Blogger to write a post, I always check my Stats, mostly to see how mavy views I've gotten. Since my last post yesterday I've got another 15 views. Whats wrong with you people? I know Jax is a pretty cool guy, he doesn't afraid of anything in the league or anything, but come on.
But lets get down to business. I'll be honest, I haven't been playing as many games as I have been (not to say that I haven't wanted, though) I've been busy with all sorts of things (and nobody has bought my Unusual One Man Army or Sola Topi, either.) But, one game did catch my eye last night when I was busy procrastinating on a major project thats due on Friday, and that would just so happen to be the only reason I still take out my Gamecube every now and then: Custom Robo.

Custom Robo really was one of those games thats hard to not play if you own, or have owned, a Gamecube. Think of lego meets star wars meets Power Rangers meets the Truman show (fantastic combination, eh?) You take the part of a young man who lost his father a long time ago. You live in a dome. And everyone in this depressing little world plays with tiny baby robots to escape from the depressing reality that they have no lives.

You somehow come across one of the more powerful robo's every made, and keep him (Finders keeprs) and continue to play across your small town while you try to find out the reason behind a group of thieves who have been ransacking your town. Interesting right? Its the same ethical of problems, only with more customization! (Think boxing meets lazers.) The robos themselves are tiny itty-bitty boxes that you launch at the beginning of each match, and then you control their flying/jumping around the arena. You can get all sorts of weapons reanging from a shotgun to shooting the face of a dragon. The only thing Custom robo was missing hadn't been invented yet: Hats.

With a campaign that lasts around 6-8 hours (unless you're horrible at the fighting, after which you may just ragequit) and then a free-from fighting game (where you can challenge whoever) and the ability to fight 4v4 or 2v2 or 1v3 this was one of the earliest party games that I owned (Better than every Mario Part ever mad,e except 5) If you find yourself with an impossible need to fight tiny robots who can shoot dragons out of their fists, or just want a good game for about $10 used, Custom Robo is really worth getting into. It was technically the first FPS I ever owned, and its a good one to bring little kids into the new exciting world of guns with. And with te only other exception being Portal, I c
 ant think of many other games with minimal violence that involves guns (Well, at least towards humans)

--Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment