Saturday, May 5, 2012

TF2: Hats and Updates, For You



On May 3rd, Valve decided to give us another update, and with it a few more interesting things:

  • ·         The Texas Half-Pants can now be found
  • ·         Added the Fruit Shoot, which is a reference to the old stories of William Tell
  • ·         The Frying Pan may now be equipped by the Scout, Heavy, Sniper, Medic and Pyro (leaving the poor Engineer and Spy without the beauty of demo-panning, even if they aren’t Demoman)
  • ·         Added a mysterious “Valve Store Shipment Box”, an item that has no pixels, description, or even an official release from Valve (that’s right, I read through patch notes pretty carefully), all we know is that it’s in the action slot for all classes, and will probably be revealed in the next few patches, but the last few items that had an introduction like this were the HOUWAR (Hat of undeniable wealth and respect) and the Golden Wrench, so this may be a pretty interesting item

Other than this, some interesting things have been going on in the trading world for me. Last time I was on, I told you about a prior trade with selling a pair of earbuds for a vintage Lugermorph and a Genuine Merc’s Pride Scarf, well since then I’ve sold the Lugermorph to a good friend who’s been wanting one forever, and I did something a bit more adventurous with my scarf.

A guy came up to me asking if I would buy a Planets Familiar Fez from him for 2 earbuds, which I didn’t have. He claimed it was quickselling, but I just had a feeling that I should buy it, so after a large amount of debate, I got him to accept an earbud and my Merc’s Pride. I thought that I’d probably sell  it for 2 earbuds, and make a good 5 keys profit, but about a day or so later, a guy came up to me, and asked me to 1:1 him for his Fez with Blizzardy Storm, claiming that he like planets more. Not being born yesterday, I checked the item’s history to see if it had been duped. It hadn’t. Next thing I know, I have a cool new Fez in my inventory.

Thinking I can go another step up from my already unbelievably cool Fez, I start snooping around Outpost, and lo and behold, someone has a Blizzardy Attendant, and they’re interested in an Unusual Fez. With a bit of negotiation, we end up with something we wanted—cool hats. As I’ve always loved Pyro like the class that I play when I’m not on Engineer, it’s all worked out pretty well.
Finally, I want to give a simple message to a prior admin on one of my favorite trade servers. I don’t know if he reads my blog, but if he does, it’s for you, man. 


Thank you for all the stupid discussions, interesting trades, and random price checks we did for each other. I’m not quite sure as to what happened, and to how you lost your admin, but from the speculation I’ve heard, it’s not something legitimate, and it’s something I will try to help you fix, if I can. Just remember man, you’re not alone. You’ve got a big group of guys back at the server who misses you, your antics, your great outlook on trading, and just want you back for the atmosphere you helped to make. If you choose not to come back, we understand, but we’re hoping for you.

--Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment