Wednesday, March 14, 2012

TF Top 5

As I've said many times, TF2 is my favorite game. 

Ever.

But, I thought you might like some insight into why. 

Because it isn't ALL about hats.

Just Mostly.

To give an aspect, Valve really is one of the best, if not the best, game developers of games. Pretty much ever. Two of their games make it into my top 5, which I feel isn't an easy accomplishment, as I am a very picky player. Games I talk about all the time make it into the top 5 that even though I love, just don't make the cut.

Without any further delay:




Santa's Picks For Best Video Game.


5. Rollercoaster Tycoon 2. This may be controversial to those who like the series but, I just have one thing to say-- Six Flags.


4. Half-Life 2. Besides HL2, the only other heavy plot line game in my top 10 is Bioshock, which isn't to say that they're bad, its just to say that I prefer multiplayer games. Ironically however, nearly all the games in my top 5 are singleplayer. The man with the goatee is personally one of my all-time heroes, and with a story so compelling, I still can't wait for the sequel, but Valve speeds up for no man.


3. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I had to think about this one for a long time. Who deserved it more? Skyrim, or Oblivion. In the end, the game with 3x the playtime won my vote. I can't be the only one who thought Skyrim just was... missing something. I hurts me to say that Skyrim isn't as good, but there's a large bit of charm withing Oblivion. The gray cowl. The gates to Oblivion. Fiercesome Mudcrabs. Everything I loved, and spent more than 1000 hours left.


2. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. The other surprise. This is the only game I have played through at least 10 times. Mr. Green Stache, Cackletta, Mario, Popple, everything in this game was so memorable and just fantastic. Its hard not to give anything less that a "perfect 10" but in the end, only one game has ever achieved that rating from me.


1. Team Fortress 2, not big surprise. By far the best. A game that shouldn't have a lore, has likely the most complicated one that Valve could make. The game thats least likely to have an economic system revolving around it, has made one. The game least likely to have hats-- oh wait, Robin Walker was the developer, that'd be impossible. The game that puts hats into other Valve games. Thats the beauty of TF2. A game that should be no more complex than a point and click team fight extravaganza has evolved into the greatest thing ever developed. Thank you Gabe Newell, Robin Walker, and Vale for making a game that has literally ensnared me for the last year with its loving, hat filled embrace.

--Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment