Saturday, February 8, 2014

Strong Boxing

I don't post very often. Sorry, gents. However, I thought that I'd come back and give a bit of commentary on the Strongboxes popping up on TF2. Many people (myself included) rumored these strongboxes to be part of the hyped "End of the Line" update, this is not the case. Now, we can hop back over to the idea of strongboxes in general, what was Valve's plan? Another community update.

Valve has, for the last couple of big updates now, referred to only community made items, and pushed focus to the idea of updating, not upgrading. This works just well, but I think that Valve has recently forgotten that TF2 is not only a hat-based simulator. Don't get me wrong, I love this simulation and everything about it, but I like playing the game too. Just making weapon tweaks does little to what I refer to 'actual gameplay.' In the case of "New MvM updates" we're all fairly aware that although Valve entices with new maps and abilities, the real appeal of MvM is Australium Weapons and Professional parts, which you need to buy tickets for.

TF2 has ceased to be a game, and this worries me. Nowadays, TF2 sits 3rd as most played, behind both DOTA 2 and CS:GO. I think this can be tracked by the fact that TF2 is no longer receiving updates that makes it special. The last weapon add was in December of 2012. I still have hope for TF2, because Valve isn't the tpye of company to just drop a game. We can keep the belief that Valve Time is just keeping from a true, versatile update that gets to the hearts of players. I'm hoping that End of The Line does just that.

--Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment