Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Dent in my Pride


I’ve been a bit busy with games and whatnot over the last few days, and understandably this will be another update post.

As mentioned priorly, I’m part of a group of people who play games. We’re mostly a bunch of pubbers who just dick around in a trade server, but we’re pretty good there and in normal servers, so we thought we’d form a Highlander team. For all of those out there who haven’t played anything competitive in their life because they’re a sheltered child, Highlander is pretty much the pro version of TF2. Normally, I find TF2 to be a relaxing game, filled with hats, and occasionally a bit violent. If I want to go and get my ass pummeled, I go onto Reach for a bit, and remember why I suck. But, back during my console days of TF2, I was one of the best Engineers. Based off a point-filled game, I got to rank of 70-something, worldwide. I got to admit, this inflated my head, and I thought this would make Highlander something I could simply breeze over.

As I’ve mentioned beforehand, my computer sucks. I’m currently on a laptop that’s a bit better (and in this case, I mean it runs TF2 to the point that I can play on a normal server, as long as I don’t look at any sugoi explosions.) I down loaded a program called “Gamebooster” which frees up more of your RAM so your computer can think. It didn’t do me much good. So, while playing I thought we had a pretty good chance. I know all of my team; we play on a payload server a good amount of the time. I’m a giant dick with my mini sentries, and I thought this would lead to me winning, and whatnot.

The game starts, on a map I’ve never played before named “croissant” and its control point, which I haven’t played in literally a year. I run to the middle point, drop a mini, get sniped, and shortly after our entire team is wiped out. 90 seconds later, our last point is capped, and we move on to round two. This time, we last a full two minutes; I was in dead last, with 2 dominations on me, and a grand total of 0 kills.

So, we moved onto Barnblitz, where I could set up a sentry and help the team a bit more. With the constant use of my mini sentries (which got me a grand total of 2 kills, and 3 assists) we captured the first point in only 3 minutes, and quickly lost the rest of the round. We now had to keep them from capturing point 1 in less than 3 minutes, or we’d lose. It was going to take a godsend.

I’ve never played on Barnblitz before, so with me running around like an idiot, I finally find a good place for a level 3, and start building. I only get a level 2 up before the gates open. I kill 1 guy, and quickly get sniped from behind my beloved machine. I’m seeing it as the end. Nonetheless, I switched back to my Strange, Face-Melting Gunslinger, in hopes that I could finally be credit to team. Long story short: I wasn’t. We lost with 1:34 being left on the clock, and the game was done. Looks like I’ll always be a pubber.

In other TF2 related news, there are some new promotional items from Quantum Conundrum, a new Medic miscellaneous (the Surgeon’s Side Satchel), gave the Rocket Jumper a new look, and now doesn’t suck as much (since it no longer lets the user take an exorbitantly large amount of damage), nerfed the Enforcer (it now shoots slower, only deals 20% extra damage when undisguised, and there are no random crits.) and there have been clipping fixes on the Last Breath. Overall, a good set of updates, a bad week for my pride on TF2.

League of Legends is getting a new slew of updates in the upcoming Draven patch. Pretty much, we’re seeing nerfs to Graves and Ahri, a new broken champion, a still broken champion, and a buffed Swain. I’m looking forward to death in the next patch.

I’ve also been playing more Civ V. In my friend and mine’s campaign, we’ve become so advanced over the other cultures, we’re just speeding things up by conquering everything. We’re in the 1800s, but I’m nearly done with the Manhattan project. I’m excited to see what happens next.

Later on, I’ll be making a post about whats happened with E3, and my own impressions. Stay tuned, gents.

--Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment